BISCOTTI: We love the luxury of rich coffee in the morning. These beautifully crisp and flavorful biscotti take that luxury to another level. Gently spiced and nutty, these delightful dipping cookies bring joy and pleasure to quiet coffee breaks or to a lively coffee klatch with friends.
Published on December 16, 2019 | By Gary Kuper |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 3 egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Big O ginger liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a baking tray.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, hazelnuts and orange zest.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs, oil and Big O ginger liqueur. Stir or mix by hand until the mixture forms a ball.
- Separate dough into 2 equal pieces and roll each one into a log.
- Place logs on prepared baking tray and flatten so they are about 1 inch thick.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly, and remove from baking trays.
- Slice diagonally into slices with a serrated knife.
- Set biscotti back onto the baking tray and bake for 10 to 15 more minutes. Finished biscotti should be hard and crunchy.