PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES: We love peanut butter! It brings back memories of childhood pleasures and a simpler time. These delicious cupcakes, with their moist and buttery cake, topped with a delicately spiced fluff of frosting, are a perfect little dessert to bring out the child in you.
PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES
Published on December 16, 2019 | By Gary Kuper |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Big O ginger liqueur
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Ingredients for Big O Peanut Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons Big O ginger liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Package Mini Nutter Butters
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer on medium speed, beat eggs and sugar for about 2 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Add the butter and Big O ginger liqueur and beat on low speed for about 1 minute or until well blended.
- Beat in the dry ingredients on low speed until blended. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Add the sour cream and beat until smooth.
- Fill each cupcake liner about 3/4 full with cupcake batter.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- Instructions for Peanut Buttercream Frosting:
- Combine butter and peanut butter in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until creamy and well-combined.
- Gradually (about 1/3 cup at a time), with mixer on low speed, add powdered sugar until completely combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl so all ingredients are well-combined.
- Stir in Big O ginger liqueur and salt.
- With mixer on low-speed, add milk and stir until well-combined. Gradually increase speed to high and beat for 30 seconds.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes. Place one mini Nutter Butter atop each cupcake.